Land Rover recently announced a partnership with Amazon Alexa that will help make more of your world. Let’s review what this newly founded relationship can do for you.
This feature will be available on all new and existing Land Rover vehicles fitted with the advanced Pivi Pro infotainment system. Owners of compatible vehicles will be able to enjoy a range of benefits including an intuitive voice-enabled experience, thanks to a software-over-the-air update. This integration will offer Land Rover customers the opportunity to enjoy the same Alexa experience enjoyed at home – in their vehicle. Here are the features of Amazon Alexa, what this new partnership can do for you, and how it will help make more of your world.
- Navigation – Utilize phrases like “Alexa, show me nearby coffee shops” or “Alexa, navigate me to home” Alexa works seamlessly with the Land Rover navigation system, setting and searching destinations and/or nearby locations.
- Media – Use Alexa to play music from a variety of streaming services, combining the simplicity of voice control with your familiar audio app experiences. Simply say “Alexa, play Adele” or “Alexa, play my adventure playlist”
- Communication – Make a call or check messages with commands like, “Alexa, call _____” or “Alexa, send a message to _____” all while keeping your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
- Lists, Knowledge & Weather – A vehicle with a virtual assistant? Check the weather or the news, set meetings and confirm your schedule all through voice command with Alexa. Use voice prompts like “Alexa, what’s tomorrow’s weather?” or “Alexa, what are today’s news headlines?”
- Smart Home Control – Forget to turn the lights off at home? No problem. Alexa will complete your forgotten at-home heating and lighting tasks. Just let her know by saying “Alexa, turn up the heating” or “Alexa, turn on my outside lights”
- Land Rover Remote Skill – Interact with Alexa and your Land Rover wherever you are, with the Land Rover Remote Skill on your Alexa-enabled device or in the Alexa app – with phrases like “Alexa, ask Land Rover to check my range” or “Alexa, ask Land Rover to lock my car”
More than 165,000 existing Land Rover models fitted with Pivi Pro will now be able to benefit from this new technology, thanks to a simple SOTA update enabling customers to enjoy the latest tech developments without having to visit a retailer. Set-up is simple: Just link Alexa to the InControl account by scanning a QR code on the Pivi Pro touchscreen, then follow a few simple steps. For customers in the Saskatchewan, you can contact Land Rover Saskatoon for any questions regarding this new integration/installation process.